Monday, July 28, 2008

Singapore Garden Festival 2008

Had been marking this event in my calendar...was reminiscing the days in Melbourne when I went for their Garden Festival...really really liked it then....and was another excuse to take some pretty nice photos......So, here I was on one of my weekends off....lobbed my camera with me with anticipation......

Here's some snapshots of what I saw there....










The Fantasy Gardens...



F04- Rose of Glendalough




Memories of a Water Village - reminiscing of Jiangnan




F01- Seeking Shangri-La (one of the best exhibits!)



My favourite- IMBIZO yase Afrika exhibit...really nice arrangements with pretty wild flowers!!!




This was one of the more interesting ones - The ModGod Garden which showcases a contemporary homage to 2 'gods' of the modern era - Marilyn Monroe (and Mao on the opposite side)!!!


My favourite shots from this collection of photos I took:


























Orchids, orchids and more orchids....




















All in all....a fruitful trip...although the lighting at the exhibit leaves much to be desired.....and I missed the outdoor segment of the Melbourne one....but all in all it was pretty nice to be there!!!

Check out their website: www.singaporegardenfestival.com

No comments: