Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lord, I need You!!

Whoa!! The last 2 days in my new department has been a mixture of anxiety and exhilaration!! Was so confused and so ill equipped on the 1st day that I felt so lost.....and unhappy that the senior colleagues there were not very helpful in orientating Melvin and I.....felt that they were rather snobbish and 'high and mighty' kinda people......granted, it is a busy place with all sorts of ill patients that one really does not have time to teach others or guide and hold their hands....

Anyway....I survived the 1st day with no major shouting by my big boss....so I guess that's a good sign , right? Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy and granting me favour with my Boss!! ;)

Today was rather exhilarating...was lamenting the fact that I feel scared to do procedures , esp with my 1st night call looming in 24 hours from now!!! Arrggh!! Help! Had a sinking feeling and butterflies in my stomach........and well, God is always good and many many steps ahead of me preparing the way....brought along a patient to ICU for me to practice....and boost my confidence when I successfully inserted 2 IA lines (1st pass!)....successfully intubated my 1st patient alone.....and assist in the insertion of a CVP!!! ( That covers almost ALL main procedures done here!!)....Thank you Lord!!

But yes, I definitely need His grace, wisdom and protection for my 1st night call in ICU tomorrow!! Thank you Lord for always being with me and remaining many steps ahead of me!! Indeed , my future is in Your hands! For this, I thank you Lord!!

No comments: