Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Year......means New Opportunities?!?

Its been an interesting few days into the new year........
For one , I've made 7 new year resolutions that I hope I can achieve by the end of the year.....
For another, I've made it 4 days into the new year without any contact with Mr. X....which in my opinion, is a good thing coz I see him at work 24/7...excluding being on call together!!!!
Well, I was rather surprised when one of my bossess invited me to his house for dinner on the 1st day of 2011.....and he tried to do it rather discreetly....but he also invited the acute medicine team registrars as well.....I was a 'dungu' because I did not realise that I was the only person invited apart from the registrars! And then it was only much later that I realised that not everyone was invited......I think because I was so dense at that, he ended up having to invite Mr X as well, and I could sense a relief over him when Mr X said that he could not attend coz his family was in town.......thought that something fishy was going on...but din entertain that thought too much!
So when 1st Jan arrived, I decided to go for the dinner with another registrar, Mdm T and her daughter. The other 2 registrars could not make it. So we went together....and when we arrived, some medical students were already there. I saw another guy, lets call him Mr Y, whom I have not met before, and he was introduced as a respiratory registrar in another hospital. I was like, okay.....strange that my boss would have invited someone from another hospital, but I did not think too much about it!
However, I was rather uncomfortable that this Mr Y was sitting very close to me after dinner...we chatted briefly over dinner...then I went to sit on the steps to watch the kids play...and he came and set next to me...but not talking much! After that, when I moved to the sofa, he sat next to me as well!!! He was sitting rather too close for my personal space....but I did not want to sound rude and step away...so I just pretended that I din notice it!
When we got up to leave about 9pm....he got up and came as well! He even hitched a ride from one of my consultants car, although he never met this guy before!!! Even stranger.....
I was thinking about it the entire night....and decided that my boss was trying to matchmake me with this guy....but it was really just my conjecture at this point.....until, Monday arrived.....and Mdm T came by the ward and said, Can I ask you a direct question?....the exchange went as follows:

Mdm T: Can I ask you a direct question?
Me : Huh? What do you mean?
Mdm T: *Giggles* Oh, Mr N ( our boss) wanted me to ask you in a roundabout way, about
what you thought of Mr Y at the dinner yesterday?!?
Me : Huh?
Mdm T: Okaylah, I be frank, Mr N is trying to set you up with Mr Y. So he wanted me
to find out what you felt about this fellow!
Me : *Almost faint* Hahaha....oh ok.....(just I suspected!).....He's okay...we din
talk much...but he seems decent. A bit quiet, but mebbe coz he doesn't know
me enough.....I am rather open to any help! Hahaha.....
Mdm T: Hmm....ok......I think he's a good catch!!!

At this point, I was feeling rather incredulous! What was my boss thinking?!? Should I get angry, that he thought I needed his help in my love life; or should I be grateful for him being kind and wanting me to be happily married?!? ...I dunno.....its rather strange....especially when I see myself as a rather private person who does not talk about these things with others easily, especially when my boss is from the opposite gender!!!!

Anyway, we shall see what happens...am still waiting for a text/ phone call from Mr Y....if he is interested...and I'm praying that he is a Christian already......who know, God's ways are higher than mine! ;)

1 comment:

leymondcha said...

Hahaha.. your boss is so funny! Well, keep your options open I guess :)