Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Year demands new resolutions!!!!

Welcome 2011!!!!! Its the 1st day of a new year........and so, I have decided to pen some thoughts on what the resolutions should be this year.......

So, resolutions so far-

1) Spend more time with God and His word - have kinda neglected this aspect of my life for a while now......mainly coz of work and early starts....mainly because I was so zonked out with the thyroid thingy....so yes, will definitely need to dig deep and drink freely from the fountain of life this year!!!!

2) Spend more time with my family- my parents, my brother, my sister and her family....my grandparents.......always so little time.....always....but that is never a good excuse!

3) Work/ Study - time to buckle up and start 'studying' for my haematology training.....but first of all, I need to fill up my log book and ace the interview!!! Have been procrastinating for the loooongest time!!!!

4) Health - being diagnosed with Grave's Disease has been tough...I hate taking pills....and I always forget!!! yes, I know, I know.....I am the world's worst patient!!!! But I will try.....and take care of myself more this year - which means health eating, good sleep hygiened, REGULAR EXERCISE ( I know, I know!).......

5) Friendships/ Relationships - looking forward to forging new friendships, strengthening the pre-existing ones....mebbe mend old friendship gone sour......mebbe.....and then of course the all consuming and perennial question of my 'love life'.......I think this single status has always bugged me.....more than I care to admit....but I also know how scared I am to be in any relationship....so for this year, I am going to hand the reins to God, sit back and enjoy the ride...and have decided to love the best I can , whoever God provides and sets in my path.......of course, that does not mean throwing my caution into the wind....its just means being open to people and not being overly judgmental at the 1st impression.....

6) Finance - have to definitely learn to be a good steward of my finances this year.....been spending wayyy too much money.....so will need to learn more constraints this year and to tighten the belt a little........also have pledged to contribute a sum to YX's education here....so hopefully I will be able to repay what my parents have given me!

7) Missions - definitely will have to get on another medical missions trip this year...so Lord, I pray for oppportunities and grace to get my leave approved......in Your time, and in Your will!!!!

Guess 7 resolutions is a good and perfect start for a new year.......

Here's wishing everyone a good and happy new 2011!!!! God bless!!!!

No comments: