Monday, January 24, 2011

A lil heavy hearted....to say goodbye.....

Just got news that my last day at my current hospital will be this coming Sunday, yes, 30th Jan 2011....and I happen to be on call that day... sigh...how sad!!!!
Whilst the change of environment is welcomed....some how deep in my heart I feel an acute sense of loss.....I love working with my current boss - he inspires me to be a better doctor/ clinician.....and he is also very funny.......plus, some of the colleagues here will be definitely sorely missed when I leave this place......the power of close proximity at work.......

Today, we went out for coffee again - Mr X, Miss T and myself....since we were all in the same team for the last few weeks....it was kind of like a winding down outing, in preparation for me leaving this place.......it was bittersweet to say the least...planning for my last dinner with them before I leave wasn't an easy thing....yes, we joked about it and laughed about it...but I think in my own heart, there's a very heavy sense of loss.....plus, Mr X has indeed became a very good friend in a very short period of time......our 'brunch' on Sunday ( post night)...became a 'witnessing' session for me...and for him to understand how, why and when I became a Christian......haha...ironic right?!?

Anyway, I found out a lot more about him than I bargained for......how his dad is a famous nuclear physicist....and how his parents and sisters lived in Germany before his dad decided to go back to their own home country.....and he fought with his dad over ideals and the things in life...and how he has a heart for the underprivileged....Amazing! I in turn , bared my soul to him about my mission work....about my current work and what I hope to do in the future......I even told him heaps about myself and my family!!!! Why? I dunno...mebbe coz I feel comfortable with him....even safe at times.......its weird....have never let anyone this close before!!! Its really scary.....

The biggest plus points is that he makes me laugh!!!! On Friday, I had to dash off to catch up with Miss W over dinner....hence Mr X and I did not end up sharing a cab as we usually do ......and he sped off...only to send me a text 10 mins later saying : 'hey...sorry I forgot to offer you to take the cab before me'....
I replid: ' Haha. It's OK lar. Do I look like I take these small things into heart?!!? See ya cm.
He said: 'Sometimes I am so lost that I forget chivalry. Hahaha....'

I was rather tickled by that....no guy has ever confessed re: his own lack of chivalry ( do they even know what that word means?!?)...and here this guy is apologising for that! I was very amused.....and I am beginning to like him more and more........

Up to today at least.....realised that I am not the only person with whom he goes out with......during 'tea' today, he mentioned re: Miss T and him going for breakfast last weekend at the place opposite out work place...I was like...hmm....so they went out together too....so mebbe he doesn't mean anything....mebbe we are just good friends, right?!? On one hand I was relieved coz it took the pressure off hanging out with him...on the other hand I was slightly disappointed that he wasn't interested in me?!?

I dunno...I guess when I prayed that God you will take those feelings away if he isn't the one.....I really din wanna hear what You said.....and now You have to shove the truth in my face.....serves me right for getting carried away!!!!! Thank you for shaking me up and letting me realise the truth...that I was dreaming and not walking in the light........

Maybe this is for the best ....for my best.....

But I must say that the brunch at Il Lido @ Sentosa Cove was excellent......and it was very romantic.....but unfortunately, not with a guy who absolutely adores me!!! Sheesh....so anyhow, just wanted to post a few pics here for posterity sake....so that I will never forget that day.....






Garlic bread in a funky bowl




Entrees



Entrees



Lasagna with wagyu beef cheek and porcini and truffle mushrooms


Duck confit with pearl onion and orange sauce


Hand made penne



Cod fish done to perfection, in a bean sauce...best dish that day!


Dessert platter - warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream, coffee cream brulee, pannacotta and a lil petite dessert thingy ( still haven't figured out its name!)....

Yummilicious!!!!

Will definitely miss Mr X's kingdom ( Miss T and I have dubbed our current work place as Mr X's kingdom since he works so hard for it and orders us ( minions) around!!!! haha...and of course Miss T is his deputy and I am just a free agent........yes, we are all a bit delirious......in need for a normal life apart from work!!!!!

But it is exactly this kind of nonsense that I will miss most when I leave! Adios amigos!

No comments: