Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year! Welcome 2011!!!

Wow! What a year it has been! All the ups and downs!! Bittersweet moments - was just reflecting on this word 'bittersweet'.....wondered why it was bitter , and then sweet rather than sweet and then bitter???? Why not call it sweetbitter? Why call it bittersweet???

Guess it was not just a play of words, it was in fact, a very apt description of life - at least for me, this word sums up the whole entire 2010!

Bitter in many areas of my life.....but tinged with the sweetness in the most improbable places at the most ridiculous times! But sweet nevertheless..... would have countless stories to tell, but it would have been recorded along the way on this blog......you could just flip the whole entire collection and come to the same conjecture as me!!!!

Since 2010 has passed, and my resolution for 2010 was for overflowing joy.....I guess in a way it was fulfilled.......not without hard work...not without brokenness....not without God! Joy can only come when you truly allow Him to work in your life.....and I am glad that I did.....mebbe not total submission, but submission and obedience nevertheless.....with pockets of rebellion here and there! ;P

Work has gone pretty smooth sailing...nothing major this year...except 1 or 2 incidents.....studies/ exams has been a major struggle this year, but I made it with God's help and mercy! ...friendships went through a pretty rough patch...but most remained intact, except for that 1 infamous one of course!!!! ....financially - tight this year, but I made it somehow by God's grace.....family - managed to spend more time with my brother this year ( unfortunately this did not extend to the rest of the extended family/ nuclear family)......a home I can call my own - the greatest privelege to date.........church - still the same, CG-less....but now a new member of AH CF!!!....relationships - still stuck in 1st gear ( shucks, don't think I ever made it to 2nd gear!!!!).....

So yeah - 2010 in a nutshell!!!

So what's in store for 2011????

Am not sure....have been too tired these days to think/ pray about it....I blame it on the thyroid problem ...and those darn anti-thyroid pills I have to take....just messes up with the energy levels ( as one friends aptly puts it)........but I know what I want/ need for 2011 - more love, more power , more of You, O Lord in my life! More grace and more mercy....both for myself and also to others around me......more patience with people - be they my juniors/ seniors/ patients/ relatives/ etc etc......more energy and more drive at work - to excel in all that I do/ work at, for the glory of God.....and last but not least, a good church and a great cell group......PLUS of course- an EQUALLY YOKED relationship....... ;)

So here's wishing everyone a very blessed and meaningful 2011!!!! God Bless!!!

No comments: