Friday, December 10, 2010

Shocked and disappointed......

He said, ' Aiyah! Why you so religious wan?!? No need to be so religious wan! I'm an atheist! '

Me: ' Huh?!? We are just going for dinner and a lil acapella concert after that! How is that 'religious'???? We just like to hang out with each other....'

That was the conversation I had with Mr X today. He was a guy that I had coffees with the entire of last month .....and also that late dinner one friday night...which lasted into the wee hours of the morning!!!!

I fancied him - to say the least. And 2 of my close buddies have kinda approved after seeing his picture on FB. But.....these friends aren't Christian....so I always take their advice/ approval with a pince of salt....I dun really expect them to understand the whole 'unequally yoked' business anyway.....Help me!

But today's confrontation was a bit of a shock....unexpected and disappointing....I had expected him to respect my religion...to support me....but instead of that, he ridiculed it....and exalted his position of being atheist......Why?!?

I really wanted to say to him :

- You don't know what you are missing in life
- You just don't get it do you?
- What's the point of wanting to do volunteer work with Unicef/ MSF/ etc if whatever that you do doesn't have a lasting impact after you leave???

Just because I don't share his atheist view...just because I did not want to spend time with his friends....just because of all these small lil' things, he ridiculed my faith......I was angry....fuming mad actually......but what can I do???

I can only pray that he will open his heart to Jesus...that the Holy Spirit will do a work in his life that no human being can....that the Holy Spirit will open his spiritual eyes to see his own humane-ness, lostness and blindness.....and that someday, he will accept Jesus as his own personal Lord and saviour.......

Until then, I have decided to stay away from him for a while.....to take a breather and re-evaluate my life and re-examine my heart....to understand why the Bible says -Do not be unequally yoked! .... and to ask the Holy Spirit to guard my heart and mind always......

Lord, I need You to give me the strength to walk away...the faith to trust You for the best life partner that you have prepared for me....and the peace that this will come to pass in Your time, not mine.....

No comments: