Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas madness!!!

Whew! One down - 3 more to go!!! social events, I mean......
Just organised a steamboat party at my place on the 19th of Dec.....was truly a mad mad rush...finished my night float on Saturday morning...started shopping for ingredients.....woke up at 0700 hours on Sunday to get fresh seafood from West Coast Market...then it was zipping here and there to find a steamboat pot and collect my Christmas log cake from TCC @ Anchorpoint!!!!
Then, had to dash back home to start cooking the stock for the steamboat and cut, wash and prepare all the ingredients........
Finally, all that was left to do was to wait for the guests to come....I was a bit disappointed though....some people either didn't get back to me or promised to come and then just 'fong fei gei' at the last minute....and even those who came, were pretty lukewarm in their response and was just happy to stone in front of my TV watching ' Yes Man'!!!! Talk about being antisocial.....
The worst part - they came, they ate, they left......no one even bothered to offer to help clean up after everything!!! I was indignant to say the least! Hmmph!!! This will be the first and last time I invited anyone to my place for dinner......people from work I mean.......ungrateful bunch of people who always take me for granted!!!!
And then the whole night I was thinking about Mr X who didn't come....was a bit disappointed initially but then realised it was because he wanted to spend time with his sisters who came from overseas...valid reason I guess...then started dreaming about all sorts of weird and impossible stuff....
I still can't quite get my head, or rather my heart around the fact that he is a self- professed atheist....I just can't....but I guess it's not hard to imagine since my own dad is one himself!!!! It was just difficult to accept......and then today I had a little jostle of words with this atheist - I guess he was just upset with Christians at work who made a huge fuss about being on call on Christmas....and was saying that our religion does not call us to not work on festive seasons....and I agreed with him....its not a big deal to work on Christmas....our faith does not depend on celebrating these festivities anyway....but I am sure some Christians will stare at me like I am crazy!!! hahaha....plus he did mention that surely no religion will state that we should not heal on a festival day....which I also agree!!! He should read the Bible and realise how radical Jesus was as a religious person!!! ;)
Anyway, whether Mr X acknowledges it or now....he does hold many values as those that Jesus exhorts us to do....so mebbe, just mebbe, he isn't that far off from embracing the truth and the light!!!

No comments: