Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Little musing's in life despite the busyness and tiredness.....

It's great to be back online....being away for sooo long makes it feel so good to be back!!!

Past 2 weeks has been super busy at work.....well, that's what you get when you work in a busy unit with less than satisfactory bossess (not all, just one or two or them?!?)....and having to bear the responsbilities of other's incompetent choices at work....sigh...all in a day's work, I guess......been so zonked out everyday, not from sheer volume of work nor the speed at which things must happen, but the frustrations that one must endure at work......

Then, there's this whole new world of journal club presentations that I have been initiated into....so much preparations involved...so much journals to read and review and understand!!! Man! What a waste of time! I mean, I love reading - just not this kind of reading!!! Am just so glad that my presentation is over - which means that I am good for another 6 months before the whole cycle repeats itself again!!!

However, in the midst of it all, I realise just how human I am! How much I need friendships and love....how i survive on human connections......was just about spiralling into another bout of depression again when I caught myself hiding away from the world (am kinda still doing it again....).....amazes me how I can thrive on human interactions yet at the same time fear and run away from it.....I need to connect with people (that's the way I was made! and hence the choice of work )....yet on the other hand, the fear of rejection or ridicule forces me to run from intimate relationships/ friendships with others....what an oxymoron?!? am still learning what this means for me.....

Anyway, was glad to spend the last weekend with 2 good friends...watching Prince Caspian and Sex in the City......wasn't a great fan of the latter show but it was rather hilarious , I must say! Well, which girl wouldn't lurve to have a walk in wardrobe of that size!!!!

That aside, seriously...have been truly grateful for time spent with my brother whilst he is studying here......bonding with him...catching a movie (Made of Honour was great!) and just chatting about life in general....managed to ask him about his faith....whether he believed in God....well...his answer was 50/50.....guess that just means more prayer and time needs to be invested into his life so that it will finally be 100%! ;) That'll be my next project of the year.......... we will see......

No comments: