Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ezekiel 12

Was just going through when 2 verses struck me......

1) Verse 22 : "Son of man, what is this proverb you have in the land of Israel : ' The days go by and every vision comes to nothing?'"
- Somehow felt like what this proverb described for a long while now.....never really knew what was the problem until I talked to a friend at work and realised how disgusted I was at the people at work - the politics, the ethics ( non existence of ethics in these people), etc.......realised when I went home that the indignance I felt was the kind that Jesus had when he overturned those tables in the temple........disgust at people's sinful ways and arrogance towards God and fellow human beings....

2) Verse 23: Say to them, ' This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am going to put an end to this proverb, and they will no longer quote it in Israel. Say to them, ' The days are near when every vision will be fulfilled."

- How I wish that this was true!! How I long for this to happen!! Yet, one must have faith and trust in the word of God....if not, life is to tough and dreary....

Lord, I need HOPE for each day....JOY to walk through the sufferings of this world ....STRENGTH in every weakness that I see in me ....and PEACE in all the frantic activity around me!

No comments: