Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Day 2: The 20/20/20 Formula


So, I managed to wake up at 5 AM again. ( Ok, probably 5 minutes late).
Wanted to talk about what was proposed that we do during the time that we wake up at 5AM.

1st 20 minutes: Exercise to get your metabolism going. You must sweat.

next 20 minutes: Reflect. Journal. ( Wow! was already doing this wayyyy back in Uni!)

Final 20 minutes: Read. Grow.

Really not rocket science. But one needs to be disciplined to keep waking up at 5AM ( at least 66 days) for this to be a habit.

Was listening to this ( instead of reading just because I don't want to wake Baby E up) and I know that God is starting a healing process in me.

Lyrics for Instruments of Your Peace (Prayer) by Don Moen


That's our prayer Lord, make us the instruments of your peace
Forgive us for showing hatred when we should have reached held in love
Forgive us for judging when we are the ones
Who deserved to be judged

Now with your help we extend
forgiveness to all who have sinned against us
Deliberately or unknowingly and asked that you begin to heal us
Renew us realign us with your will and your way
To make a way where there seems to be no way


Prayer of Saint Francis ( although apparently this was anonymous)

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is offense, let me bring pardon.
Where there is discord, let me bring union.
Where there is error, let me bring truth.
Where there is doubt, let me bring faith.
Where there is despair, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness, let me bring your light.
Where there is sadness, let me bring joy.
O Master, let me not seek as much
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love,
for it is in giving that one receives,
it is in self-forgetting that one finds,
it is in pardoning that one is pardoned,
it is in dying that one is raised to eternal life.


Lord, forgive me so that I can forgive others. Amen.


No comments: