Saturday, January 5, 2008

A year gone, a new year is here....

Can't believe that it's exactly one month since my last entry....and during that time we have crossed from 2007 to 2008!! WOW!!
Been going through my blog entries...and I am amazed a my June 22, 2007 entry
- it has taken me another 6 months to address these issues with my cell group.
Basically I have been so discontented with this cell group - disgusted to say the least with their apathy and uncaring attitudes towards new comers in the cell. Do they even have an idea of what a cell is supposed to be? It has taken me, a new comer to drag my dear friend HL back to cell because no one in that cell cared enough to follow up on her....and I am talking about 12 months later since her 1st visit!!! And it takes a new comer to let them know how poor they are in welcoming and retaining new comers to their cell!! Talk about a lack of insight?!? Sigh......
Anyway, I sent an email to the cell in December 2007 to encourage us to meet before the end of the year and to discuss our cell group's goal and direction for 2008. And guess what? I opened a floodgate of emails that I have never seen before - guess everyone felt the same like me, but no one had the guts nor initiative to say it out ! another sigh....
Yet I thank God for that 'kairos' moment and guts to write that email....He always cue me on time....and I am glad for obedience to His Holy Spirit's prompting...now we are on the way to getting to know God better and each other as well....for once, we attended church service as a cell group! And even had dinner after that?!? Hahaha...it has finally happened after more than a year in this cell!!! Things sure move much slower here compared to Aussieland! ;) But better late than never right?
And then discovered that our cell name actually has a meaning!
isHeep - i serve Him with enthusiasm and eternal praise!! How cool!! Hahaha....
Anyway, am looking forward to the cell group growing and how God will use me to minister others!! So watch this page.....to be continued.....

No comments: