Saturday, August 11, 2007

Finding a soulmate....

Was feeling rather left out during a colleague's wedding recently....everyone either turned up with their partners/bf/gf/spouse....or came with friends that they have known throughout their lives......dun be mistaken, it was a lovely wedding and I truly am very happy for the couple....but I guess it just made me contemplate the state of singlehood that I am in right now........
This is not something new to me...I have struggled with this for a long long time...and many times I questioned God-" Have You forgotten me?!?".........which is always then followed by a disclaimer-" I have served You faithfully and sacrificially over the many years since I gave my life to You, is this too difficult a request that You will not even grant me?!?"........
How silly we human beings can be at times....who are we that we should question Him? And how is it that we always doubt His wisdom and faithfulness to us? And how often do we forget that He has given us so much more in comparison to what we have sacrificed!!!
Was duly reminded of passages of Scriptures which have held me steadfast in my faith through these times of testing....

" Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there, do not decrease. Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper........For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.... (Jeremiah 29, 5-7, 10-11)

Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you (Deut 31:6)

Indeed....He is faithful....and I know that He is faithful even in this area of finding a soulmate for me.....;) and yes....even in the times of 'exile' here...He remains faithful to me!

No comments: