Saturday, May 19, 2007

THE DANCE OF FEAR...

It's amazing how God knows just what sermon I needed this week.......
It's about FEAR.....

Didn't realise till sitting at the sermon that I have been gripped by fear at work for the past 2 weeks...fear of doing smthg/ not doing smthg that may have caused my patients to die....the fear of doing something wrong.......the plain fear of offending either a patient/ a senior at work.....the list goes on....and this translates to sleeplessness (which never existed in my vocabulary!), lethargy, anorexia, acne break-outs...arggh!!
Was reminded promptly by the Spirit that this was not the way to live....and that I had forgotten all His promises to me.....see what it says in His Word:

" Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit" says the Lord. - Zechariah 4: 6

" For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline" - 2 Timothy 1: 7

" God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. " - 1 John 4: 16 - 18

I could quote more scriptures....but i know now where my problem lies....the sin of unbelief in the sovereignty of God....the inability to trust in His wisdom, love, power.....

Forgive me Lord!

Help me to trust in You with my whole heart, mind , body and soul!

No comments: