Friday, February 4, 2011

CNY 2011

After my parents came for a week to Singapore to celebrate Chinese New Year with my brother and I...we finally found some time to chill out together on Day 2 of CNY......we decided to go out for dinner on Friday night and to take in some of the festive atmosphere at the Esplanade area....where the River Hongbao was being held.....


See the carrots? To welcome the bunnies for the Year of the Rabbit 2011!!!


The God of wealth....


Close up shot

we walked around looking at the funfair that was around that area....and I took the opportunity to test drive my brother's new nifty lil' Canon camera......


Marina Bay - using the fish eye function !


Then, was attracted to this amusement park ride....looks scary!!!!





I just love the fish eye effect!!!! Its Awesome!!!! ;)

Finally, dinner time! We settled on the Al Dente Italian Ristorante as they were having a set dinner special, which was great for the 4 of us...


Our drinks - my Mai Tai and Dad with his Heineken...

Then came the entrees...


Feta cheese with parma ham and tomatoes and melon....yummy!


Then it was the prawn on salad leaves ( I think!) - equally yums!

And then the main course (s)!!!!


Pasta and risotto


We ordered an extra proscuitto pizza!!! ;)

Filled to the brim, there's always dessert!!!

Coffee mousse


Fantastic warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream - my all time favourite italian dessert by now...its like a lil' inverted souffle....crunchy on the outside, but oozing chocolate on the inside!!!!

After all that feasting, we had to walk around the river bank to work off all those calories!! Thank goodness the rain had stopped...so it was a pleasant walk....nice and cooling....


I love the night scenes here - the iconic 'durian head'....


The all too familiar Fullerton Hotel!!!


The new Marina bay Sands ( of for short MBS)... And the famouse merlion!!!

And my conclusion that night - that lil nifty canon camera that I got for my brother was a pretty good investment!!!! ;)

No comments: