Monday, April 14, 2008

A year older - and maybe, just maybe a bit wiser!

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me!!!


Sigh...yet another year older!!!
Suddenly dawned upon me that I am OLD!!! Sigh......

Where has my life gone?!??

Though I am grateful for all the years that God has given me, there remains a niggling thought that I have yet to achieve many other milestones in life - such as being in a relationship, marriage, buying my first house/ car, etc......
feels as though I am stuck in a twilight zone of my own doing.....never to move on.... always stuck in 2nd gear?!?

Having my brother here with me doesn't make it any easier....just seems to accentuate the fact that I have aged..... yet I also know that with age comes wisdom and experience.... something that has stood me in good stead over the years whilst I was overseas........

Sometimes too much of common sense ain't good too......have had too much a cool and calm head on my shoulders....that others see me as too serious/ holier-than-thou personality.....some even said that I dun fancy guys at all (? they think I am lesbian? or maybe asexual like an amoeba?!?) ...sigh........misunderstood - that's what I am...

Oh well....whatever people's perception of me doesn't matter...as long as I know who I am in Christ....that's all that matters for eternity!

Was just going through my QT this morning....and went through one of my favourite verse in Acts:

" In Him we move and live and have our being" - Acts 17:28

How true! And for that, I am grateful for life - no matter how short/ long, how misunderstood or not....... It is good to be ALIVE!!

Maybe, just maybe - that is wisdom in itself.....

No comments: